Protocol 46 Partners with MN Cyber
Protocol 46 is proud to announce that Founder and CTO Eric Ebner has agreed to participate on the advisory board for MN Cyber!
MN Cyber is a partnership between Metropolitan State University, the Minnesota State IT Center of Excellence, and other public/private partnerships. The mission of MN Cyber is to position Minnesota as a national leader in cybersecurity through education, innovative public/private partnerships, interdisciplinary research, and community engagement. With such a big sort fall in qualified cybersecurity workers MN Cyber will work to train new cybersecurity professionals. An important part of growing the MN cybersecurity workforce is a special focus on diversity. “Breaking down barriers to barriers of entry to cybersecurity is critical for a diverse cybersecurity workforce,” says Founder and CTO of Protocol 46, Eric Ebner. “Complex problems like cybersecurity can benefit greatly from diverse perspectives.”
The goal of MN Cyber is to:
- Enhance Minnesota’s cybersecurity workforce
- Foster cybersecurity education at all levels in the state
- Act as a cybersecurity information clearing house and resource
- Attract new companies to Minnesota through a vibrant cybersecurity environment
MN Cyber can be found on the web at https://mncyber.org
Eric and the other MN Cyber Advisory Board members bring perspective to the work of MN Cyber. The advisory board was created to have a maxim impact the Twin Cities cybersecurity ecosystem. The MN Cyber Advisory Board focus is to keep the programs and services MN Cyber offers current and relevant.
The MN Cyber Advisory Board participants are:
- Aaron Call, CISO, State of Minnesota
- Tim Crothers, VP for Cybersecurity, Target Corp.
- Eric Ebner, Founder and CTO, Protocol 46
- Sarah Engstrom, CISO, CHS Inc.
- Judy Hatchett, CISO, Fairview Health Services
- Patrick Joyce, CISO, Medtronic PLC
- Eileen Manning, President & CEO, The Event Group Inc.
- Mike Musto, SVP & CSO, Merrill Corporation
- Jeffery Peal, AVP and ISO, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Marcia Peters, SVP for Information Security, US Bank
- John Valente, CISO, 3M Company
- Ed Vasko, CEO, Terra Verde Services
- Mike Wolbrink, Owner, Azule Staffing
- Faisal Kaleem, Professor, Metropolitan State University (Executive Director)
- Kyle Swanson, Dean, College of Sciences, Metropolitan State University (co-Executive Sponsor)
- Wilson Garland, Director Minnesota State IT Center of Excellence (co-Executive Sponsor)